Talley Dunn Gallery is seeking a part-time Front Desk Greeter and Receptionist
Qualified applicants should be highly personable, motivated, and responsible with strong communication and interpersonal skills. This person will be the first point of contact for clients, visitors, and artists to the gallery.
The gallery is seeking an individual with:
- Patience and listening skills to respond appropriately and interact positively with all gallery visitors and staff
- Interpersonal skills that create a pleasant experience for all visitors by being personable and attentive
- Sincere interest in people and exercises high Emotional Intelligence (EQ) when interacting with guests, staff, clients, and artists
- Genuine interest in contemporary art and the artists represented by the gallery
- Positive, enthusiastic, and helpful attitude towards all tasks that support the gallery team
- Poise and discretion under pressure in an ever-changing, fast paced environment
- Ability to think quickly while exhibiting patience, flexibility, and thoughtfulness
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to multi-task with strong time-management skills and excellent organization
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to
- Promptly and warmly welcoming guests to the gallery
- Maintaining thorough understanding of gallery exhibitions in order to articulate artistic concepts to visitors
- Creating a welcoming and engaging experience that is inclusive to all visitors.
- Identifying themself as a resource to every visitor for any questions about the gallery, exhibitions, or artists
- Answering and directing all incoming phone calls while taking meticulous notes
- Willingness to assist gallery staff whenever needed
- Takes initiative to develop a working knowledge of the gallery functions and ways in which the staff members can best be supported
- Works enthusiastically with a team and supports the gallery staff
- Manages timed entry appointment calendars and other appointments with gallery staff
- Manages the supply of checklists for each exhibition throughout the gallery complex
- Manages various gallery and staff calendars
- Maintains general office and kitchen supply inventories
- Maintains the pristine appearance of all pubic areas including the front desk area, built-in book displays, and general tidiness of exhibition spaces
- Keeps exhibition materials stocked and orderly
- Runs errands for gallery staff which will include getting lunch, gifts, flowers, and a variety of items to support the function of the gallery and staff
How to Apply:
Position hours are Thursday – Saturday, 11am to 5pm. This is a paid, part-time position of 18 hours a week at a competitive hourly rate.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and two (2) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application process is open until the position is filled.